Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Grammys Recap Part 2

Welcome back to my 2012 Grammy Recap! Geez. The break between these two posts was almost as long as the commercial breaks during the Grammys. Anyway, if you missed Part 1, check it out here. And now, let’s continue.

Foo Fighters: Pretty much the house band of this year’s Grammys. Was there a musical number they weren’t involved in? To be fair, Dave Grohl looked like he was having a blast up there with Sir Paul. Speaking of Sir Paul…
I can't see Dave Grohl's face but it looks like he's having a good time.

Paul McCartney: The only living Beatle! Oh… Ringo’s still alive? Nevermind. Anyway, Paul is awesome but I stuck out the 3 ½ hour show because I was promised Paul McCartney playing some Beatles classics at the end. Instead he played a few that I vaguely knew and then jammed with literally everyone in the building who has ever even held a guitar.
How many guitars can YOU find in this picture?

David Guetta and Deadmau5: Listen, I’m here for the Grammys. Not a rave. Take your glow sticks and migrane-inducing beats and find an abandoned warehouse somewhere. I almost wished I had epilepsy so I’d have a legitimate excuse to be seizing during that performance.
They must be raving mad to put that on the Grammys. (See what I did there?)

Katy Perry: I literally don’t have anything to say about this because it was truly that bad. Pyrotechnics. Awkward dancing. Pyramid made out of men. Generic pop song. Shaky vocals. Awkward blue crimped hair.
And then this happened...

Nicki Minaj: I think I can sum up everyone's thoughts on this video with an all-encompassing WHATTHEFUCK? No words. I’m afraid to describe it incase I get possessed by Roman. Or was Roman the person being possessed? Or the priest performing the exorcism? I don’t know. If you’re curious, check it out for yourself.

Jennifer Hudson: If anyone could pull off a Whitney tribute, it would be J.Hud. She did a pretty good job with range and an even better job holding off the tears until the end.


Taylor Swift: Being an avid twitter user, I’ve been noticing my girl T Swift getting a lot of crap for her Dust Bowl inspired outfit. H8er’s gonna H8. I thought she rocked her performance and she’s made more money than the rest of us will in our entire lifetime. She can wear whatever the hell she wants.
Photograph courtesy of Dorothea Lange (high five if you got that reference)

Beach Boys Reunion/Glen Campbell Tribute: Both were nice touches but forgettable for the simple fact that neither are that relevant anymore. And before you get angry about that, I’d like to publicly state that I LOVE “Rhinestone Cowboy.” So there.

Adele: Had to save the best for last. Anyone who doesn’t appreciate Adele doesn’t know what’s up. Also, she gave the best performance of the night simply by standing in one place and singing.
"I'll just stand here as you applaud my greatness"

There were probably other performers but let’s face it, if I didn’t write about it, it’s because it was completely forgettable.

There were also numerous awards but who watches award shows for the awards? Everyone knows you watch the Grammys for the performances, the Emmys for the skits, the Oscars for the smiles plastered on the face of the losers, and you don’t watch the Tonys.
"No! I'm totally happy for you! I swear! I'm going to go home and cut myself"

No comments:

Post a Comment