Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things Part 2


Last night was the last night I will be working at the Pierre City Pool and like I promised, here is the list of “Kids Say the Darndest Things” for the second half of the summer. Enjoy.

What’s Wrong With America
Katie: What’s your favorite sport?
Carson: I like watching TV.

Anatomy Lessons
(Brian climbs out of the pool holding his arm)
Katie: What’s wrong?
Brian: My leg hurts.
Katie: That’s your arm.
Brian: Oh (goes back to playing like it’s no big thing)

Too Much Excitement
(Brian again climbs out of the pool)
Katie: Brian, what’s wrong?
Brian: My stomach hurts.
Katie: Why does your stomach hurt?
Brian: I just had too crazy a day.

Smart Kid
(My uncle tried the “What time do you go to the dentist?” “At tooth-hutry” joke to his nephew)
Don: What time should you go to the dentist?
Landon: Every 6 months.

Weighty Decisions
(Joking with a kid about two obese kids)
Katie: If you had to date one of them, which one would you date?
Girl: (doesn’t even look at them) The skinnier one.

Lifetime Ambitions
Raeann: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Kid: A butterfly

More Lifetime Ambitions
Katie: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Maggie: A horse.
Katie: (laughing) A horse? Like a horse rider?
Maggie: A horse.

Ordering Food is Difficult
Kid: Can I get Zebra Cakes?
Katie: You only have 25 cents. You can only get something for a quarter.
Kid: Can I get 2 Jolly Rancher sticks?
Katie: You can only get one. Do you want a green or a red?
Kid: Can I get blue?

More Anatomy
Emma: (attempting to teach the arms to American Crawl) Paddie, can you show my your big arms?
Paddie: (looks at both arms and measuring them) Well, I think this one is the bigger one.

One Little Boy, A Lot of Problems
(hanging on the wall working his way deeper)
Katie: You need to stay where you can touch.
Kid: I can touch over there on the wall. Like I push off with my feet.
Katie: That doesn’t count. You need to be able to swim by yourself.
Kid: I can swim. I swim on the wall.
Katie: That doesn’t count. You need to go back to where you can touch.
Kid: Oh man. I really want to go on the floaty. Why can’t you move it to the little part?
Katie: It’s too shallow there. If someone fell off they would hit their head.
Kid: But what about here? (points at three feet deep section)
Katie: Still too shallow.
Kid: Here? (moves hand to a spot two inches further on the wall)
Katie: No.
Kid: Here? (moves hand to a spot two inches further on the wall)
Katie: No.
Kid: Here? (moves hand to a spot two inches further on the wall)
Katie: No.
Kid: Here? (moves hand to a spot two inches further on the wall)
Katie: No.

Same Kid, 20 Minutes Later
Kid: So all of this food costs?
Katie: Yep. You have to pay to get the snacks.
Kid: But like, not for all of it.
Katie: Yep, all of the food costs money.
Kid: But why?
Katie: Because we pay for it so we need to sell it too.
Kid: But not all of it. Like you could give some away. Like lemonheads.
Katie: Nope. We can’t give any of it away.
Kid: I’m going to ask my Mom for money tomorrow.
Katie: That’s a good idea.
Kid: How much is it?
Katie: 25 cents or one quarter.
Kid: Ok. (Pause) Can I give you something else for it?
Katie: What do you mean?
Kid: Like can I give you one of those things? (makes a rectangle with his hands)
Katie: No, you have to give us money.
Kid: I know. Like it’s a block and it’s paper. (makes another rectangle with his hands)
Katie: What?
Kid: You know, like a block (makes another rectangle with his hands) and it’s green.
Katie: Do you mean a dollar?
Kid: Yeah!!!! Can I give you one of those?
Katie: Yes we take dollars.
Kid: Good. Tonight I’ll sneak some out of my bag because my family gave me a lot of blocks for my birthday.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, are some of the best kids’ quotes I’ve heard in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment