Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dawson's Creek


Friends,

I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to know that I’ve recently rediscovered my love for Dawson’s Creek. And yes, we all know I’ve been known to be sarcastic on occasion but… I am 100% serious.

I. Love. Dawson’s Creek.

For those of you who don’t know, Dawson’s Creek is about a neurotic, whinny teenager named Dawson who literally ends the first episode talking about “walking his dog.” And yes, that is the clumsy masturbation metaphor you thought it was.
Ugh. He's the worst 

He has a best friend named Joey who everyone in town seems to think is the most beautiful girl in the world but I can’t look at without picturing a sad basset hound in even more sad 90’s clothing. And according to her daughter, her fashion sense has not changed.

Dawson has another best friend named Pacey who is the stereotypical f-up. In the 6 seasons of the show he manages to hook up with his high school teacher, drop out of high school, get punched in the face by virtually every character on the show, and get locked inside of a K-mart overnight. Basically he is awesome and I rooted for him from day one.

Last but not least is Jen. She’s the bad girl from New York who gets sent to live with her grandmother to straighten herself out. But she is, of course, the least troubled character on the show. Of course, at the end of the series they haul off and kill Jen ruining any chance they had of a semi-decent reunion.


I know it’s a little weird for me to say I love Dawson’s Creek when nothing I just said about the characters was very complimentary but I do love the show. Minus Dawson. He is the worst.
Haha just look at him. 

There are love triangles, teenage drug overdoses at raves (yeah, raves. Remember, this is the 90’s), random teenage stripper girls you meet on a bus (I’m still a little confused on the Eve storyline so if anyone knows…), teenage death by falling off piers, teens taking waltzing lessons, teens drawing each other in the nude for art class, and so many other things that totally happen in real life.
This is a normal high school art class, right? 

Plus, the teen angst on this show puts the teen angst on every other show both before and after to shame.

Dawson’s Creek literally had it all.

And yes, I know this was a little light on content but it’s pretty difficult to focus on writing a blog when I’m watching Dawson’s Creek. It’s just so good!
Bonus cry face

No comments:

Post a Comment